Statement of Commitment Regarding Persons with Disabilities
Metalumen Manufacturing Inc. is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors, and other stakeholders who enter our premises, and access our information. We are committed to doing so in a manner that respects the dignity, individuality, independence, and value of persons with disabilities.
As an organization, it is our goal to respect and uphold the requirements of all legislations, including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005). Metalumen Manufacturing Inc. will uphold the requirements under the AODA including Customer Service Standard and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. In addition, Metalumen Manufacturing Inc. will include Employment, Information and Communications Standards. We will also uphold the Human Rights Act. This Act prohibits discrimination in employment or in the provision of goods or services based on prohibited grounds (the 14 prohibited grounds of discrimination are listed in Section 8 of the Act).
Metalumen Manufacturing Inc. has an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. Upon request, accessibility and disability needs will be considered for accommodation that take into account an employee’s accessibility needs due to a disability. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance with accessibility legislation by incorporating policies, procedures, equipment requirements, and training for employees. We will review these policies and practices on a regular basis. We are committed to reviewing and incorporating the following information with our employees:
- Legislation regarding the Human Rights Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- Integrated Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications, Employment and Transportation
- Accessible employment practices such as recruitment, assessment, and selection
- Developing emergency response plans and individual workplace accommodation plans for employees with disabilities
- Customer service standards
- Accessible communication supports and information formats upon request
- Accessible websites and web content
- Assistive devices, mobility aids, service animals and support persons.
- Notices of service disruptions (temporary or long-term)
- Company policies and procedures regarding accessibility (can be provided in accessible formats when requested).
- Reporting and training procedures
Please see the Metalumen Accessibility Multi Year Plan for more details.
For more detailed information on our accessibility policies, plans and training programs, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-822-4381 ext 254.